Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day

It's St. Patrick's Day. I made a corned beef brisket this morning (or something like it, I kinda made up my own recipe but I got all the nasics in there) and popped that into the slow cooker along with veggies, potatoes and cabbage wedges. Tonight I will make some Irish soda bread and help the kids make and decorate green mini-muffins. I'll probably skip the green beer. I'm trying to watch what I eat as our Spring Break trip to the Mayan Riviera is rapidly approaching.


Mia has a nasty cough, slept with us the last two nights and woke us and herself up periodically throughout the night. Nevertheless I managed to get up this morning and run 3 miles before getting ready for work (and making that brisket!). Yesterday I managed to squeeze in two miles. Jed is taking Mia in to the doctor in about a half-hour.

My coworker has a funny little saying... it's something like "yesterday I was a total FNF." HUH? Apparently this means she was a "fatty-fatty-no-friend" who couldn't stop eating all day.... of course this couldn't possibly be true as she actually weighs about 95 pounds. I, however, have been an FNF for weeks now... rapidly gaining back about seven of the 11 pounds I managed to lose since December. Very frustrating, because let me tell you, losing 11 pounds is really freaking hard, but gaining 7 pounds is really, really easy. Especially when you love to cook and eat!

Work is busy, I guess I better get back to it.

No comments: