Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Welcome 2008: A Recap of the Holidays

Well the holidays have come and gone and we are still completely intact. I managed to make it through holiday parties, holiday meals and many holiday gifts of food without gaining a pound! I managed to sneak in short sessions on the treadmill just about every other day, with the exception of our trip to Mammoth.
Speaking of holiday gifts of food, we got a lot of them. Among other goodies we got a giant box of cheeses and cured meats, a large selection of English muffins, a big box of steaks, a giant tin of chocolate covered cookies (so good!), a box of truffles and a big basket with all kinds of goodies including four bottles of wine. Clearly I liked the wine basket the best, but I'm surprised by how much of that food we have gone through. I realize now that food is actually a very practical, useful gift and I thank everyone who contributed to our holiday bounty! Hmmm... now that I think about it, did everyone think we were like so broke we couldn't buy groceries?


My Holiday Highlights included:




  • Our annual hike to Sturtevant Falls to mark our anniversary. We got married there eight years ago. Wow. Time flies.



  • Jared's Holiday Program: this was memorable mostly because Jed was late, and then was made even later when he got pulled over for driving like a lunatic. Lucky for him, the cop was a dad too... he let him go!



  • Jared's first ski class. This involved an awful lot of time getting him outfitted into an awful lot of gear for a rather short amount of time out on the bunny slope. But I guess it was the first step right?


  • Snowboarding with my brother higher on the mountain than I have ever been. All I can say is adrenaline + fear + snowboarding = FUN!



  • Having a white Christmas and getting to make a snowman.



  • Most importantly, we had lots of family time to do things like go to the playground or sit around in our PJs!

1 comment:

Tasha Kent said...

Wow.. sounds like lots of fun!!

Here's to a great 2008!