Thursday, September 18, 2008

I've Got to Admit It's Getting Better

A little better all the time.

I still hate leaving Mia... and being away from the kids all day, but we're working it out.

I'm settling into my new position and feel productive -- even helpful and valued at times.

Jared is adjusting well to the new routine: though he complains that he's tired every morning and he's always the last one up.

Jed is ever-helpful. He pitches in by getting Mia dressed (often in a well-matched outfit), he gets my coffee ready, folds laundry, puts away dishes. He tries to come home before 7 a couple of nights a week -- those are the best.

I managed to log about 7 miles on the treadmill this week -- far less than the 18+ I used to do in a regular week, but it's something. I got the checkbook updated, the groceries ordered and have managed to put away the laundry and make dinner every night.

Things are hardest for Mia. She cries in the morning. She cries in the evenings. She gets frustrated and screams while she writhes in frustration on the ground. She cries when I fix her hair every morning and she cries when I put her in her crib every night. She wakes up early, demanding to be nursed and held and wails when I leave the room.

I look forward to when she smiles and laughs... usually it's fairly easy to coax her into her old amenable mood. Hopefully it will just keep getting better.

No comments: