Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I Hate This

First of all, I can not believe that it has been two months since my last post. Seriously, I just can't!

I guess that means I was just really busy having a fantastic summer with the kids... and did I mention that my husband and I almost climbed to the top of Mt. Whitney? That's a story for a completely different entry.

But to the point. What I hate is working. That's right, I am now working full time.

The job itself is fine. I am now the Communications Director at a small private K-8 school in Pasadena. I'm working in a small office with some lovely women and the work is satisfying.

This is my fifth day. So far I've had to juggle two morning drop-offs and two morning pick-ups (because the two kids are at two different places) with everything else. Toss in a sick kid, my husband's erratic and demanding schedule on top of trying to transition my daughter (who is still nursing) from being with me all day to being at a daycare all day. It's been trying to say the least.

To top it all of, on Sunday evening, my daughter had a nasty fall that resulted in her front teeth getting all busted up. One of her teeth also got pushed up and back, so the front looks crazy! She also got pieces of asphalt embedded into her gums -- which had to be scrubbed out by Emergency Room staff. They prescribed her antibiotics -- which means 10 days of forcing medicine down her throat too. Yay!

Two days and two dentists later we still don't know how much permanent damage there will be -- aside from the jagged teeth, which is perfectly obvious. It also hurts when she nurses now because her teeth are so sharp.

Making dinner in the evenings is hard because Mia doesn't want me to put her down... my husband has been home twice to help out, which is nice... but the rest of the time it is really difficult. Very painful to watch her going through this.

Jared, on the other hand, seems to be adjusting nicely. I am very proud of him. He's helpful and protective of his sister and likes to entertain us with knock-knock jokes and wild stories.

Everything else is a mess... little time to talk to family or friends or deal with anything not immediately pressing.

I hate this. I hope it gets better.

No comments: