Friday, October 19, 2007

My Employer Doesn't Give Sick Days


Man, I sure could have used a sick day this week. My son got the flu on Sunday and by Monday morning I had a nasty cold with sinus pressure so intense I seriously considered drilling a hole in my head! Meanwhile, my 9-month-old also had a runny nose -- either from teething or a cold, I don't know. (BTW, when I say runny nose when referring to my baby, I mean snot running like so much water from a faucet, only it's snot so it gets smeared into hair, onto toys/clothes and dripped all over the carpet.)

So we were literally drowning in tears and snot! I didn't feel like moving, let alone dealing with two sick kids, but that's the catch when you are a stay at home mom -- you don't get sick days! Really, I just don't know how I got through Monday. How do other people do it?

Today is the first day that I am feeling sort of back to normal... and the first day that my son went back to school. So I managed to go for a jog, hit the grocery store and do some laundry. The little one with the shiny new tooth is napping soundly and I have the chance to rest up a bit too -- but of course this isn't when I NEED the break, that was on Monday when I just couldn't catch one to save my life.

1 comment:

Tasha Kent said...

Holy Toledo!! You should have warned me about the picture. Your daughter is adorable but I can't stomach long ropes of snot.