Monday, October 29, 2007

The Cold That Wouldn't Leave

So I'm finally feeling better today after two weeks of a cold and sore throat that just wouldn't go completely away. The baby still has some nasty congestion, which is particularly sucky because when she's stuffed up she has trouble sleeping. You see, when you have a baby who sucks on her fingers for comfort, and said baby can't breathe through her nose, she either gets no comfort or gets no oxygen. Meanwhile, mommy gets no sleep.

I finally decided to get back to my normal jogging routine today following my two week hiatus. The break was unfortunate because I am running the Santa Clarita Half Marathon this Sunday. This will be my first distance race since having my little girl and it will be my son's first time participating in a Kid K. I ran the full marathon a couple of years ago and actually managed to place second in my division! Because I have had so little time to train, I don't expect to do well this time, but I'm hoping to have a good time anyway!

Now that I'm back on track, I should be back to posting too!

No comments: